(Enjoy the strange, overly intense form videos.)
- Bench Press (Don’t mind the cheesy product placement. If you’re beginning, you don’t need those, save for the chalk, even a little bit.)
- Deadlift (Okay straps here are actually fantastic).
- Press // Shoulder Press // Military Press (Probably my favorite fitness youtuber).
Literally everything else. Here are some examples of helpful accessory lifts.
- Curls (Barbell or Dumbbell)
- Bent Rows / Dumbbell Rows (Maybe we should chip in and buy him a shirt)
- Tricep Pushdown (I can’t find a non-cringey video. Grab the rope [should split like an upside-down Y] while standing straight up and push down. Don’t lean on it, just extend at the elbow. If you ego lift this, you have bigger problems.)
- Lat Pull-downs
If you’re beginning, you don’t need to worry about variations of compound lifts yet. Build a solid base, find a program that uses these, and start putting in work.